Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Grindhouse and junk

Man, I have sucked lately! My predictive powers must be weakening.

I saw Grindhouse last weekend. There was a great song (movie songs always sound better cause they're so fucking loud) I had never heard, by an old 60's band I had never heard of called Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich. It seemed ridiculous that the young character who mentioned it would do so. In fact, it sounded like a made-up band name, but then I knew Tarantino likely wouldn't use a made-up name when a perfectly obscure real one would fit. And now, having looked it up on allmusic.com, I truly appreciate the brilliance of the band and song choice:

...were led by vocalist Dee (born: David Harman), an ex-policeman who had been at the scene of the automobile accident that took the life of American rocker Eddie
Cochran
and injured Gene Vincent in April 1960.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home