Friday, January 26, 2007

Of Montreal, of iTunes

I bought the new Of Montreal album from iTunes last night. This was a significant purchase for me. While I have bought a few songs from iTunes, this was my first complete album bought online, with no actual cd to hold in my hands. As such, it was a very emotional evening. The internal struggle made me a bit crazy; I drank much more than my normal nightly amount of lemon tea, and in fact I may have cried once or twice with the realization that I have reached a new stage in my music-buying life.

I really wanted the album. Normally when I really want an album I will go to the cd store. But I was drunk on tea, and it was -31 outside with the wind chill. Then I thought about iTunes; to be honest, I had been thinking about iTunes a lot lately. The album was only $9.99 on iTunes. That is a very good price. And really, I haven’t listened to an actual cd since getting the iPod just over a month ago.

So I bought it. I’m listening to it now. It’s very, very good, and I feel a little bit sad and dirty.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home