Wednesday, January 24, 2007

This is what is sounds like when fauna hiss

If you ignore my wildly off-base Shins prediction, I'm on a bit of a roll lately. Two 0.1s and, today, a 0.2 for the new Of Montreal album. Funnily enough, yesterday while waiting to buy the Shins album I was stuck behind this incredibly annoying woman at the cd store. She wasn't actually buying anything, just engaging the clerk in a discussion about Montreal, and stopping me from paying for my cd. So I politely put the cd on the counter in the middle of her conversation, signifying my desire to pay, she gave me an ugly look as in "how dare you," so I stepped on her dog's foot on the way out! I'm nothing if not passive-aggressive.

Oh yeah, the "funnily enough" part was that during the Montreal discussion I asked the clerk about the Of Montreal album cause I was going to buy it too, but apparently there are some distribution problems so it wasn't in.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

funnily enough, the album you *should* have bought yesterday is the new deerhoof album, friend opportunity :)

24/1/07 2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you really step on her dog's foot? Talk about misguided anger, pretty low . . .

14/2/07 4:17 PM  
Blogger Trellick Tower said...

Of course! Then I went outside and spat on a homeless person, and got into my Cadillac Escalade, which was parked in a "handicap" spot and had been idling for 45 minutes.

18/2/07 9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you agree stepping on a dog's foot would be a low thing to do? So were you joking? - I think this is why they asked. If so, it didn't show in your writing.

25/3/07 11:11 PM  
Blogger Trellick Tower said...

Holy crap, does anyone really care? If you'd like to read my opinion about stepping on dogs' feet, please see my other blog: IStepOnDogFeet.blogspot.com! I'm sure you'll find it to be fascinating reading!

26/3/07 3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home