Monday, April 23, 2007

Arctic Monkeys – Favourite Worst Nightmare *

My God! Someone needs to chop down the tree that is providing the Arctic Monkeys with such horrible and/or boring album names. I mean, WPSIA,TWIN and WTFATAM?, and now FWN? Girlfriend, please! But then I always thought the band name was terrible too, so the rest is really no surprise.

Fortunately the music more than made up for it on the first album. There were a couple of lows, but the highs were outstandingly high. Higher than the statue of that guy in that square in London where all those birds seem to congregate. Normal birds mind, not the type the Arctic Monkeys would be referring to. I think PF’s rating of 7.4 for the first one was pretty accurate; I may have suggested 7.8 if I’d been consulted.

My point is this: The first album had some fucking quality songs on it, and it only got a 7.4. There is simply no way this album will be better on the whole, and no way it will get a higher rating.

That’s all there is to it. I predict a 7.2. Actual rating: 7.4. Point differential: 0.2.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home