Thursday, January 04, 2007

Of Montreal - Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer? *

Another one from the crop of sacred modern indie bands, adored by hipsters everywhere. PF hasn’t been incredibly kind to the band; it appears its highest-rated album got a respectable 8.3, while the rest hover around the 5s and 6s. Indications are this album is mind-blowing, but in a good way, not like in Chuck Norris’ Missing in Action III.

In fact, I’m listening to the stream right now. On first listen it's good, I find it interesting and different, and a bit like The Shins. I’ll predict an 8.5. Actual rating: 8.7. Point differential: 0.2.

Happy New Year!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This album definitely deserves at least an 8.5, but what it will actually get remains to be seen. I think that will be pretty close, though.

10/1/07 1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It'll do well. The electro thing will win them over

12/1/07 3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This seems to take all of Pitchfork's criticisms to heart. I think they will appreciate that.

My guess: 9.2

15/1/07 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home