Saturday, November 18, 2006

Tom Waits - Orphans *

I don't know anyone who actually listens to Tom Waits on a regular basis, but his albums are certainly legendary and revered by all. He is a talented songwriter and lyricist for sure, and I dig the mystique and mood of his art, but he doesn't do a whole lot for me once the cd is spinning.

PF loves him. Really, really loves him. Basically jizzed all over his past few releases. That is not a criticism; the albums are probably good enough that they deserved a good jizzing on. I'm going to predict a combined rating of 8.8 for the new 3-cd set. Actual rating: 8.4. Point differential: 0.4.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

I am actually thinking they are gonna REALLY love this one, seeing as they have been hyping it since summertime.

My guess is a solid 9.6

19/11/06 6:56 PM  
Blogger stephen said...

8.4 is my guess

21/11/06 4:43 AM  
Blogger stephen said...

and yeah, his last few albums (esp. 'alice' and 'mule variations') are worth their 9.whatever ratings back in the day - i still listen to 'mule variations' every couple months, and tom waits a couple times a month in general - he's fantastic!

21/11/06 4:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm guessing 9.5 (it's sitting at 9.4 on Metacritic right now, and PF <3 TW).

21/11/06 2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BAM! on the money, Steve.

and our host Mr Tower was only .4 off, very respectable.

28/11/06 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home