Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Stephen calls it

Nice job Stephen! He predicted exactly the rating for the new Tom Waits release. And he did it in my comments section, which means I played a role of some kind. Thank you, thank you very much.

I'm finding it tough these days to find albums worth predicting. There were so many albums put out in the fall, it was like shooting cats in a barrel. These days it takes a bit more research, which I'm not a huge fan of. But just to remind you, I already threw out there a super-high rating for the new Shins album when it comes out Jan. 23. Something like 9.7. It's in my posts somewhere, I'll check it out again.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

shins: 8.3

i really am not thinking that high.

never seen this blog. i play the guess the score everyday with myself.

sometimes i am good. sometimes i sort of cheat. not often i get it wrong.

good blog

28/11/06 1:43 PM  
Blogger stephbot said...

i think the fact that we're predicting such a high number for wincing means that pitchfork will go low. just to be contrary.

i've got the album (legitimately!) and think its even better than chutes.

28/11/06 11:11 PM  
Blogger Trellick Tower said...

I don't think they'll rate it low cause of us; I'm sure someone there has read this blog but I don't think it really affects the ratings.

I think this is one album where PF will not be able to bullshit us. I'm convinced The Shins is the greatest band of our time. After 3.5 years since Chutes, there is no way this album will not be outstanding.

29/11/06 12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home