Sunday, November 05, 2006

It's been too long!

No, seriously, it really has been too long. I have been on holidays, busy with the family, seeing The Hold Steady, trying to write music and lyrics, and not really keeping up to speed on new releases and also not feeling the urge to blog. But I'm back, hoping some of you are still feeling the urge to read!

Anyway like I said I have no idea what is coming out and didn't bother to check, but I did hear that Chinese Democracy is coming out sometime in the next few weeks. This is monumental for music fans. Not necessarily just for fans of that type of music (Are there any headbangers left? I haven't seen one in a long time. Maybe this album will start a headbanger revival. That would be neat. I predict a 74% probability of that happening.), but fans of music trivia, music lore, music myth and legend, etc.

I'm not really into G n' R and haven't been for a long time, but this album has been so long in the making and so hotly anticipated that I just might pick it up. Of course, if you ask me why I did something so foolish, I will tell you it's because Tommy "Mr. Rock and Roll" Stinson is in the band. Tommy rocks. Sometimes I swear he invented rock and roll. In fact, prepare to be blown away: I like Friday Night is Killing Me more than all post-Tim Replacements releases. And The Replacements are my favourite band of all-time!

Forgive my rambling in this beauty of a post. The point is, I'll predict an 8.8 for Chinese Democracy, assuming it is reviewed, which, if it actually is about to be released, is sure to happen. No music site worth it's weight in shorn mullet hair would dare ignore this album. Actual rating: pending. Point differential: TBD.

And if I could add one more thing: I'm on the nighttrain!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think a 3.5 is more likely on the mark...

6/11/06 9:11 PM  
Blogger A.C. said...

TT, nice meeting you at The Hold Steady, and thanks for the kind words!

6/11/06 10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo! I think we needs a prediction on the new Joanna Newsom album. Mine's 9.2. Damn good, that one.

7/11/06 3:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still can't believe that Offspring came up with the idea of calling one of their albums 'Chinese Democracy (you snooze, you lose)' about five years ago, and then DIDN'T DO IT!!!

Anyways, I'd guess something more like 2.5 for the GnR effort. And that would just be for having the bare-faced balls to still take themselves seriously after this long.

7/11/06 2:01 PM  
Blogger Trellick Tower said...

I think both of your predictions are more realistic than mine. What was I thinking? I'd love to see this album get a great review just to mix things up a bit. Axl may be an idiot, but he's certainly passionate (aka maniacal) about his songwriting.

7/11/06 2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home