Monday, October 02, 2006

The Killers - Sam's Town *

The Killers is quite possibly the anti-Pitchfork, representing everything that PF works so hard to oppose about rock and roll. The rock star pretentiousness; the blatant ripping-off of the classics. But damn that first album was catchy!

I have heard two of the songs from Sam's Town. I wasn't terribly impressed with either one.

Still, I can't decide if PF will like this album just to be able to say I told you so, or hate it because that's the indie thing to do. What do you think? I predict a 7.6. Actual rating: 5.9. Point differential: 1.5.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why are you -- and Pitchfork -- ignoring the new Beck? I'm listening to it now and frankly it slays. But the forkers will probably not dig it too much. They've never liked the guy ... my prediction = 7.0

3/10/06 4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you really thought The Killers would get a better rating than Beck?

5.9 - way off!!!!

5/10/06 10:20 AM  
Blogger Trellick Tower said...

I thought they were on the way up! And I thought Beck would be punished his productivity.

1.5 off is not way off; 4.3 (see Sean Lennon) is way off!

5/10/06 11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home