Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Black Keys - Magic Potion *

I appreciate the blues. I am not particularly fond of the genre, but I understand its influence on modern rock and roll. I like bands that take classic blues sounds and update them; of recent bands, the White Stripes comes to mind, as does The M's. I like that stuff because it's not just straight on blues rock. In that sense, The Black Keys does not do enough updating of the blues sound for me. I find its songs a bit too repetitive, with no significant fun or interesting element to keep me coming back. In short, I like my blues rock served with major irony and introspection.

PF seems to like The Black Keys. I am predicting a 7.8 for the new album. Actual rating: 6.0. Point differential: 1.8.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home