Friday, August 11, 2006

The Mountain Goats - Get Lonely *

Don't ask me why, but I really like this album title. Get lonely. Like I said, don't ask me why. It's one of those many things I don't have the vocabulary to properly explain. The Mountain Goats is fortunate enough to have been reviewed numerous times by the Fork. I think for this one I will take the average rating for regular studio albums, apply it to the new release, and see what I end up with.

Some shockingly simple calculations give me an average of 7.5 over the course of the band's five PF-reviewed full-length studio albums. Personally, I'm impressed that a band (or guy) this prolific has never scored lower than 6.7 with PF. Based on the average rating of 7.5, and the fact that the review of a track from the new album got four stars, I'm predicting an 8.3 for this one. And just to raise the stakes a bit, I'm predicting it will be rated as "Best New Music." Let me know if you think I'm getting too cocky. Actual rating: 7.6. Point differential: 0.7.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loving the site, man, and I'd be shocked if this record doesn't get a "Best New Music" designation from P4K, so, no, you're not being too cocky. Good call, and keep up the great work!

http://www.theriffage.com/2006/08/10/the-p4k-ratings-game/

14/8/06 9:54 PM  
Blogger Trellick Tower said...

Thanks Steve, and thanks for the write-up and link!

14/8/06 10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The problem with this prediction? Well, the new Mountain Goats record isn't actually very good at all....

22/8/06 12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home