Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Spoon - Telephono & Soft Effects *

Spoon is easily my favourite band that hasn't broken up. I consider it to be the kingpin of modern indie rock. There is Spoon up here (my hand is up high, about eye level, parallel to the Earth), then there is everyone else down here (hand down around the waist). I have never heard this freshly re-released LP and EP. I tried to get out today to buy it but didn't get a chance, so tomorrow I'll do it. PF generally loves Spoon. This release will get its due. I'm predicting a new high for Mr. Tower - 9.3. Actual rating: pending. Point differential: TBD.

July 31 update: I bought the album(s). Waiting for the Kid to Come Out is, quite simply, unbelieveable. I should provide a split prediction in case PF decides to rate the LP and EP separately. Telephono: 7.9. Soft Effects: 9.3. And thanks must go to b. michael payne for schooling my ass in the comments section. Actual ratings: 7.5 / 7.7. Point differentials: 0.4 / 1.6.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger B. Michael Payne said...

a) This is a great blog. What a good idea!

b) That said, I think you meant in this post to say your hand was parallel to the earth, not perpendicular.

c) Didn't want to be an ass, though; I just wanted your quality-level to be high.

30/7/06 11:51 PM  
Blogger Trellick Tower said...

b. michael payne, thanks for the compliments and corrections! I don't consider you an ass. I am thankful that you enjoy my blog enough to read it and point out the error.

I should add that ever since the line in Mine's Not a High Horse by The Shins ("Do you remember my reply? One finger parallel to the sky"), I get confused by parallel and perpendicular in relation to certain things. I guess it depends on whether you consider the sky to be a vertical thing or a horizontal thing.

31/7/06 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home