Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Los Campesinos

One of the Campesinos told me via twitter that my website idea is terrible. Hey! Who died and made you an expert on website ideas!

But the comment (heartless and cowardly as it was) began a period of serious self-reflection on my part. And I'm pleased to say I have emerged from this period as a much stronger person.

It would be easy to pack it in, knowing how Los Campesinos! feels about my website, but that wouldn't be fair. It would leave a huge hole in the Pitchfork-rating-prediction area. There are people out there - three daily unique-page-views worth of people - who rely on me for what I do. I can't leave them lost like newborn puppies to search out other sources of album rating predictions. There are no such other sources.

So I'm going to keep doing what I do. And if Los Campesinos! doesn't like it, well, that's too bad. Deal with it. Stop obsessing already!

In the meantime I was off by 0.1 on the band's new album! Pretty good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home